Learn how to manage after you have just had a filling completed.
1. Do not eat on your new filling for one hour and until your numbness is gone.
2. If you are supervising children who had fillings done, make sure they don’t bite on their numb lips or tongue (it can cause serious injury to their soft tissue).
3. Do not bite hard or chew on silver amalgam fillings for 24 hours.
4. You may experience cold and heat sensitivity and some gum soreness; this usually subsides within a few days.
5. Call our office if you experience pain or discomfort for more than a few days after the fillings, or if you have any questions.