Here is how you can best care for your gums after a surgical procedure.
1. You may experience some pain, swelling, and bleeding after the surgery.
2. Take all medication that was prescribed for you according to instructions.
3. Apply an ice bag on your face over the surgical site on the day of surgery for 10 minutes on and 5 minutes off.
4. Keep your next appointment on time for removal of sutures and follow up checks.
5. DO NOT raise your lips with your fingers to inspect the treated area.
6. DO NOT brush teeth near the surgical site. Brush teeth in the rest of your mouth.
7. There is often a temporary loss of feeling in the operated area and the tooth may feel loose.
8. Do not smoke, spit, or use a straw on the day of the surgery (avoid smoking for a few days after the surgery).
9. Should any difficulties occur, do not hesitate to call our office anytime. In case of serious emergencies call 911.